What happens when a policyholder passes away?

It is important to notify Darlington Mutual or your Agent to keep the policy information current and correct.  If the policy was in the name of one of the spouses, the surviving spouse should call his/her agent and put the policy in their name.  If both are deceased, the surviving children can place the policy into an Estate-named policy, such as “Mary Smith Estate.”  At the next renewal, the policy will need to be rewritten and signed by the Personal Representative of the Estate or by the new owner.

This entry was posted in FAQs. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *