Rented Dwellings

Darlington Mutual has recently expanded our Rented Dwelling coverage.  When you insure the rented dwelling, you will also receive 10% of the value for “Other Structures,” such as detached garages or small utility/garden sheds.  We also provide $5,000 of “Household Personal Property” which can cover items such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers that you might supply your renter.  We also can provide you liability coverage for the rented dwellings.  This does not apply to rented mobile homes.

You can also purchase “Loss of Rents” should the apartment be inhabitable due to a loss and your tenants are forced to move out during repairs.  This will cover the rent for the number of months you purchased coverage for.   Residential Service Line Coverage is also available for purchase.

Note:  Your renters will need to secure their own “Renter’s Insurance” coverage to ensure that their belongings are covered in case of a loss. 

Comments are closed.